Ript ShowdownRegular price £7.49
What is Ript Showdown?
It's here, the new card game in the Ript Trilogy has landed. The Ript series is a Disc Golf Card Game that has changed the way you play a round of DG with your chums. Ript landed in 2004, Ript Revenge was released in 2006 and Ript Showdown was release 2021. Each revision providing an enhancement to the sport of disc golf.
Ript, Ript Revenge and Ript Showdown are played by a group of golfers during a round of Disc Golf. These games creates a truly unique Disc Golfing experience and provide practice on shots that would not have been taken otherwise.
Feel free to check out foundation disc golf playing some Ript Showdown right here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXP51fUBQo
How is it played?
Ript Showdown consists of 54 original full color playing cards and 1 rules card. When playing a round with Ript, three cards are dealt to each player in the party. Depending on which version you are playing, there are ways throughout the round of disc golf to get more cards to put in your hand.
Throughout a game there are opportunities to play cards you are carrying with you to enhance the play of the game. The cards vary from a free mulligan, to a card that forces one of your opponents to make their next drive with a mini. These cards create a fun and competitive round of Disc Golf and because of the wide variety of cards included, no two games are ever quite the same.
Ript Showdown Rules
1. Deal out 3 cards to each player/team at the beginning of the round. These cards make up each players hand.
2. A player will need to choose the Good Side or Bad Side
3. Look at the “Play Text” on the card to see when each card can be played.
4. Each player can only play one card per hole, and each player can only have one card played on him/her per hole.
5. All players will draw 1 card at the start of each hole.
6. When a card is played the “Card Action” is carried out. The played card then goes to the bottom of the game deck.
7. No one can hold more than 7 cards in his/her hand at any time. If a player has more than 7 cards that player must choose to play or discard down to 7 cards.
8. Discarded cards go to the bottom of the game deck.
9. In Ript Showdown you play a normal round a disc golf counting shots as per usual. At the end of the game, you apply any after round cards to your score and then the person with the lowest amount of strokes will win.
All other Disc Golf rules apply.